- PURE HAZELNUT OIL (50ML)
Hazelnut has been called the “pore-reducing” oil and “acne-fighting” oil because of its unique properties. A high content of catechins and tannins (healthy flavonoids) make this oil a “dry” or “astringent” oil that feels smooth and toning on the skin. The astringent properties help absorb oils and shrink pores, while the antibacterial components go to work battling skin bacteria to help reduce blackheads and pimples. Other benefits include:
- Hydrating: Even though the oil helps absorb and balance sebum (skin oil), it also has a lot of natural fats that help moisturize and condition skin, leaving it soft and plump, while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Yet it never feels greasy.
- UV protection: Hazelnut oil is one of those natural oils that offer a mild protection from damaging UV rays. You still need hats and sunscreen, but hazelnut provides additional protection. You may find that some natural-based sunscreens contain hazelnut oil. If you want to make your own sunscreen, you can mix hazelnut, sesame, avocado, and walnut oil together.
- Antioxidant protection: You may have read about how some ingredients in our over-the-counter sunscreens can actually activate free radical damage when they come into contact with the sun. Wearing natural antioxidants like hazelnut oil can give your skin the extra protection it needs to make sunscreen even more effective.
- Color-retaining: Hazelnut has been used in many hair care formulas to help preserve color for a longer period of time. The oil also helps strengthen and condition the hair strands, so they can recover from chemical treatments.
- Gentle: Hazelnut is perfect for sensitive skin, as it is a gentle oil that is unlikely to irritate.
- Rejuvenating: Because of all the nutrients, flavonoids, and antioxidants, hazelnut has a rejuvenating effect on skin cells. Over time, regular use will have an anti-aging effect, helping skin to appear more youthful and vibrant.