- CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Clothing & Accessories
Organic clothing is clothing made from materials raised in on in or grown in compliance with organic agricultural standards. Organic clothing may be composed of cotton, jute, silk, ramie, or wool.
Authentic organic fabrics and clothing can help the environment in a number of ways, such as:
- No synthetic pesticides are used
- Organic cotton farming produces far less CO2 emissions - Organic farming takes 1.5 tons of CO2 per acre per year are taken out of the atmosphere
- Organic cotton farming uses up to 60% less water than conventional farming methods
- Pesticide or herbicide residues are not entered accidentally into the environment
- Humans and animals are not exposed to chemical pesticides or herbicides
- When the fabric is discarded, pesticides and herbicides are not returned to the earth in landfill, or enter into recycling process.